May I take photos?
- You are free to take photographs in the Museum.
Can the museum tell me how much my object is worth?
- The museum is not licensed to provide appraisals and is prohibited from giving appraisals by Internal Revenue Service regulations.
How is the museum funded?
- Please note that we operate entirely "out of our own pockets" Therefore, donations are both welcome and necessary for our continued operation. We are a 501c3 tax-exempt organization and donations are tax deductible to the limit allowed by the Internal Revenue Service.
Is there a café at the museum?
- There are no food facilities of any sort at the Museum. For small tour groups, you can also bring a sack lunch and eat in our meeting room. Food and drink are not permitted in any other areas of the museum.
Does the museum loan uniforms, helmets, field gear etc. for parties or Halloween?
- No. The Museum's mission is to preserve our veterans history - for uniforms suitable for your needs, we suggest using eBay, yard/garage sales, or checking with your local thrift stores.
Does the museum need volunteers? What kind of help is needed?
- The Museum needs all types of volunteers - especially docents. Docents are guides who greet visitors and show them around. As little as one day a week for 3 hours, either in the morning or the afternoon would be helpful to us. Those not as comfortable with public contact can find plenty to do behind the scenes. Volunteers are needed to help plan and stage events, conduct Veterans History Project interviews, and generally keep the museum in shape for day to day operations.
If you would like more information, please call us at 937-318-8820 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Copyright © Miami Valley Military History Museum